Today was my 25th birthday. 25 years seems old, well maybe not old, but and age that I pictured my self (when I was younger) to be settling down, having kids and a career and happy. Maybe I have settled down a bit, I'm married and have a house. Often though I don't want to have a house and think that we were a little too rash in our decision making. I have never regretted getting married, ever, I love it. I am not settling in my spirit, if anything I have become more unsettled. I do not currently have any kids, nor am I trying to get pregnant. I have a degree but no career and honestly I haven't been happy much this past year. So something seems to be out of place.
My day started off nice with Tim wishing me happy birthday in the morning and talking with me mudder...my mom for about an hour. I stayed in bed a read for a while as well and that was also great! Tim called from work and asked if I wanted to go our for lunch with him - a rare occurrence since he has to get a truck from work to drive in from the mine and he doesn't really have much time. But we figured it out and we had a nice lunch together. After that I returned some library books and went to get stickers for our licence plate (ours have been expired for some time now and since I am leaving next week to drive home I thought it would be best). My day turned a little then because I was told that the car wasn't registered in our name, meaning that we've been driving a car in someone else's name for a year. I tried to figure that out but didn't get far and I am waiting to hear back from the GM dealership. I was a little stressed about that because as I said I am leaving next week and I would like to drive legally...
So that was the first badish things that happened. Then Tim came home from work and had some bad news about being scheduled for fire watch during the first 3 weeks of the IOC shut down, meaning that all of our vacation plans will be cancelled and I will probably return to Labrador sometime in June. This is very disappointing and hopefully we will figure something out. We then decided to go to the bank and deposit a cheque and change the pins on our new MasterCard's (see post about Joseph) and it started snowing. I am really tired of winter and it's getting pretty ridicules actually that it's still cold and I am wearing sweaters everyday.
After that though things started looking up. Tim made me some delicious chicken alfredo with mushrooms and green peppers on spaghetti. My friend Kandice stopped by for a chat and I had some delicious cheesecake with strawberries on it and tea. Tim gave me this beautiful earring holder that he made. Some thing I've been wanting for a while.
My day started off nice with Tim wishing me happy birthday in the morning and talking with me mudder...my mom for about an hour. I stayed in bed a read for a while as well and that was also great! Tim called from work and asked if I wanted to go our for lunch with him - a rare occurrence since he has to get a truck from work to drive in from the mine and he doesn't really have much time. But we figured it out and we had a nice lunch together. After that I returned some library books and went to get stickers for our licence plate (ours have been expired for some time now and since I am leaving next week to drive home I thought it would be best). My day turned a little then because I was told that the car wasn't registered in our name, meaning that we've been driving a car in someone else's name for a year. I tried to figure that out but didn't get far and I am waiting to hear back from the GM dealership. I was a little stressed about that because as I said I am leaving next week and I would like to drive legally...
So that was the first badish things that happened. Then Tim came home from work and had some bad news about being scheduled for fire watch during the first 3 weeks of the IOC shut down, meaning that all of our vacation plans will be cancelled and I will probably return to Labrador sometime in June. This is very disappointing and hopefully we will figure something out. We then decided to go to the bank and deposit a cheque and change the pins on our new MasterCard's (see post about Joseph) and it started snowing. I am really tired of winter and it's getting pretty ridicules actually that it's still cold and I am wearing sweaters everyday.
After that though things started looking up. Tim made me some delicious chicken alfredo with mushrooms and green peppers on spaghetti. My friend Kandice stopped by for a chat and I had some delicious cheesecake with strawberries on it and tea. Tim gave me this beautiful earring holder that he made. Some thing I've been wanting for a while.
And a card with some money that must be exclusively spent at EOS, a health food store at home that sells dried lentils and beans, organic stuff, lots of exotic spices and stiff like that. I can't wait to go there and stock up because you can't even get normal spices here let alone varieties of dried goods. It was very thoughtful of him. I also had a great chat with my big sister over skype and got so see my precious little niece Charlotte who I can't wait to hug and kiss and play with!
Anyway, that was about it. Thanks to everyone who called and stopped in and facebooked me birthday wishes. I really appreciate it! Please pray for our summer plans as it would be horrible for Tim to have to stay in this place for a whole year without leaving at all to see the outside world and it would be really helpful marriage wise to actually have some vacation together, also for the whole car registration thing..as we have 1 week to get it sorted out.
Can't wait to see all you maritimers really soon!!!!
Anyway, that was about it. Thanks to everyone who called and stopped in and facebooked me birthday wishes. I really appreciate it! Please pray for our summer plans as it would be horrible for Tim to have to stay in this place for a whole year without leaving at all to see the outside world and it would be really helpful marriage wise to actually have some vacation together, also for the whole car registration thing..as we have 1 week to get it sorted out.
Can't wait to see all you maritimers really soon!!!!
1 comment:
Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry it wasn't a day of excellent birthday goodness, but hopefully your birthday week was alright (I'm a full supporter of birthday weeks) Your presents sound great! I really like the earring holder :)
Post a Comment