Monday, June 01, 2009

Home and Feeling Great!

I am HOME! In Kentville, NS and it's wonderful. It's warm, it was 25 degrees when I arrived yesterday, and it's GREEN. All you see is green everywhere and I love it. I will take some photos soon but first I have to put up some of our trip down.  My good friend from university, Jenny, was the first of our friends to venture to Labrador and it was so wonderful to have someone come to us! She came up to see a bit of where we're living and then to take the road trip with me to our friend Amanda's wedding in Sackville, NB. The following will show some highlights of our trip!

Tim took us on a tour of the mine!
We even got to see a blast!

We then hit the road after some complications and ate some delicious egg sandwiches and saw lots of porcupines! I think they just came out of hibernation.  We took the ferry from Baie Comeau to Matane. It was a bit cold and windy but it was nice to not be driving.
We stayed at a beautiful hotel/motel in Matane for the night. It was right on the beach and we took a really long walk once we got there! We stayed in the motel part and it was quite cheap and beautiful! I would definitely stay there again.
Jenny and I on the balcony of our room.
We had a picnic in Bathurst on a church lawn.
Then we finally made it to Sackville! It was wonderful to be back in the university town where we all met and had some great years together.

Here are some photos from the waterfowl park which was a must visit while we were there. Other places included Bridge Street Cafe, campus and the new student centre, the vogue theater, the farmers market, and just walking through town.
 Of course there was the wedding!

The bed and breakfast that we stayed at didn't have a hair dryer so we had to use the fan that was there. It was slow but somewhat worked. We had lots of time though so it didn't matter. Amanda and Nick couldn't stop smiling the whole day. It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful day!
They took their photos in the waterfowl park so we got to visit it again!
Jenny, Lindsay and I:
We caught the bride just before she was about to leave for a photo shoot!
It was a wonderful trip home!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

So glad you had a great trip! Your dress is gorgeous. :) you are gorgeous! Can't wait to see you. xox

Heather said...

Kathryn, you look so beautiful. Love that dress!! Found out today that Ryan's dad is going to lend us his car for 5 months while he's in Afghanistan, so I'll definitely be making a trip or two to the valley to visit :)