Thursday, March 19, 2009

Moose


I ate Moose the other day, it was delicious! I actually thought it was roast beef until I tasted it. I think I love wild meat. I also tried ptarmigan (silent 'p'), that was really good too. I'm not about to go and get one myself but I will eat what others have cleaned and cooked!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nice, Kathryn... we had caribou meatloaf at the restaurant in Dawson City I worked at. I wrote a post about it actually - I was serving some Americans and they asked me if it actually had caribou in it. I said, "yes. I'm pretty sure it does."

Anonymous said...

Haha! The same thing happened to me over Christmas when we were staying with Ryan's grandparents. They were having stew with moose in it and Ryan didn't tell me it was moose because he didn't think I'd try it. It was good though! I like roast beef better though :P
Love you,
Heather

KMC said...

That's so something that would happen Heather. I thought it was really delicious, my was in roast form. I suppose you realised that it tasted different than beef though eh?