Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Talk of Spring

I listen to CBC radio a lot...(dad, it's so I can torture my kids on long drives some day like you did to us!). Lately they have been talking about spring, gardening, crocuses...things like that. Then I step outside and this is what I see:
And this:
This is the front of our house:I guess I should be thankful, everyone has said that we've had less snow then normal. The whole front window is normally covered, not just half. Since these photos were taken we've had a snowstorm (it started last night and is still going) so we have a bit more snow now.

To pass the time we do this:

and drink this:
Just to let everyone know, I won this game and the game we played after. And it's all because I stole the white pieces from Louell. I love the white pieces!

Thank you Argentina for Mate, Thank you Klaus Teuber for Catan, and Thank you God (in advance) for hopefully bringing spring!

3 comments:

G~Money said...

OMG. Katan (Or however you spell that <.<;)!
I'm definatley comin' over sometime soon now.
But not today. It's cold out...

Lindsay said...

I like CBC too. And my Dad also used to torture us in the car. Still does. Except when Stuart McLean comes on.. that's not torture at all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn, Just getting caught up on all your posts - lovely reading :) Can't wait to see your brilliant kitchen! Tim wouldn't remember this but many, many years ago, we had an orange car (handpainted at that...). Just so you don't feel alone with the snow, we still can't see around the banks at the end of our driveway until we are practically out in the street, either. Sue (Grande Prairie) said they still have to plug in their cars every night...she called it "global cooling". Have a great Sunday! xoxo