Every Friday my house is open to hungry high school students. We live really close to the high school and so I figured that I might as well use that to my advantage. I really enjoy having people over and the youth need to eat lunch so I figured why not combine the two?
I have made spaghetti, chili, pizza, and today I made an assortment of casseroles. The most I've had come over so far is 9 (I think) and the least was 3...that was today. So now I have a ridiculous amount of food... At least I have a husband who likes to eat! I have every Friday off so I normally spend the morning cooking and cleaning and then relax for the afternoon (after clean-up). It's pretty nice! I love doing this because I have the opportunity to get to know the youth better and I hope that one day they will feel comfortable enough to bring their friends.
So, thanks Pat Allison for inspiring me to reach out to others through what I have and what I love doing. You are an inspiration to so many of us Allisonians!
New Blog
13 years ago
1 comment:
What a wonderful idea, Kathryn! I remember the impact this type of hospitality had on the young university students at Acadia, especially one Tim :)
I have a great bookmark which reads:
A Christian is
a Mind through which Jesus thinks,
a Heart through which Jesus loves,
a Voice through which Jesus speaks,
a Hand through which Jesus helps.
You could add:
a Willing Spirit through which Jesus ministers
to hungry hearts and bodies
This post is a little late coming but I tried to post it in mid-February and my system locked up - just getting around to it again now.... Luv, Doreen (AKA Mom C) xoxo
Post a Comment