Good Friday we had some people over for a Caribou Roast! The caribou was given to us by our friends Bonnie and Dave Woodworth. Dave and his son Matthew had gone and gotten 8 caribou a few weekends previous to this and they were willing to share (all 8 weren't for them anyway). I am looking forward to trying caribou sausage sometime too although I don't really like sausages that much.
We prepared it just as Bonnie said and cooked it during the morning church service. There were 7 of us in the end (Doug, Ros and Jasper - from Australia; Louell - from ontario; Kim and Damian - locals; and Tim and I) who shared it along with potatoes, turnip, carrots, corn and of course blueberry grunt for dessert! It was delicious and we had a wonderful conversation to top it off. The meat turned out really delicious and it was a great time! The dishes weren't so great though...
Friday afternoon our friends Steve came over to visit. He goes to school in Goose Bay and was home for spring break so be droped in. Tim told him about his surprise birthday party that was on for Saturday (Tim didn't know it was supposed to be a surprise) and then we chatted and the two boys jammed on guitar for a while. Friday evening we went over to Danny and Crystal's because they were hosting a boy pamper party for another friend, the baby shower was Thursday night but I didn't make it because I was working. I hung out with Crystal and their sons Logan and Landon (new born). We watched movies and mostly chatted. I had never really spent much time with Crystal before but I am so glad I went because we had an awesome conversation and I really got to know her on a deeper level. Praise the Lord we are actually making 'real' friends!
Saturday I worked all day at the library, and then in the evening we went to a birthday party for a friend. We didn't leave there until close to 1am because we were playing Catan. It was also fun and nice to spend some quality time with Steve. Sunday we got up and prepared a leg of lamb to start cooking while we were at church. We went to our friends Matthew (the same one from before) and Molly's for lunch (or dinner if you're from here) and had some more caribou as well as chicken and the trimmings. It was very delicious and Molly was much braver then me because she prepared the meat herself, where as I didn't want to touch the caribou and made Tim do it. It looked too gross and bloody. We spent a wonderful afternoon with them, had a great discussion about church politics and things like that and then went home to tend the lamb.
We finished cooking the lamb, cooked some applesauce and went over to our friend Louell's house for a supper potluck with some people that Tim works with. Also another delicious meal, we ate too much and had a great time hanging out and chatting afterwards.
In the end we spent the weekend eating - a lot - and spending some quality time with friends. It was a refreshing weekend even though it was pretty busy and full of dirty dishes:)
New Blog
13 years ago


1 comment:
It's so encouraging to read about all the friends you are making! Relationships always take work, and time, and I know that you guys have worked hard at reaching out. Glad to hear you had a busy and fun weekend. We had a good weekend too, and enjoyed a big family potluck at Nancy and Brads. Love ya!
Post a Comment