Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's been a long time

Hello All,

It's been a really long time since my last post. Sorry to you faithful readers! I haven't been doing really any crafts and even much baking these days. I have spent most of my time over at my friend Kim's house helping her out with 2 foster kids that she has right now. It's been a really challenging time but rewarding and the girls have been improving even in the short time they've been living with Kim and Damian.

We are going to Goose Bay this weekend with the youth group for a retreat with the youth group there. It should be a really good time but I am definitely not looking forward to the drive. Goose Bay - although still in Labrador - is about an 8 hour drive east over a dirt road that's really bad this time of year because of the thaw. I was talking to a guy who drove it recently and he said that he wouldn't have made it if he wasn't in a truck. I guess there were a lot of cars being towed. We're not driving we're going on the bus with the youth! There's going to be some good bonding time (unless they are playing their DS's and listening to their IPods the whole time!).

Remember a few posts ago when I wrote about how our church was challenged to raise $15,000 for a bus for a mission in Senagal? I knew that the challenge was weak, like I said in that post. I knew that our church had the potential to raise much more money than that. And they did, they doubled the goal!! I wonder if the goal had been higher what they would have raised... I caused a bit of drama with the post but it's been all cleared up now. I am glad I didn't write my thoughts of a popular show with the Christian's called UFC, I probably would have been excommunicated from the group! It's funny, because I was actually thinking of writing about that... maybe in the future:)

May is tomorrow! We know that all good things happen in May! Hopefully spring will come to this place. It snowed all day on the 28th, was -25 with the wind on the 29th, and it looks cold out today but I haven't been out yet. My birthday is coming up, our 2nd year wedding anniversary a week later and Jenny is coming!!! Jenny and I are driving to Amanda's wedding together and then I am going home - to SUMMER!!! I can't wait for warmth.

Anyway, I am on my way over to Kim's now. In my next post I will tell you about Joseph....

Hope to hear from you all!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey K, wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years, when you wrote "good things happen in May", I was thinking, "like your one year wedding anniversary!" ahh.... time flies... just in general... love you!

Pamela said...

Hi sis! Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date. I'm glad the girls are improving... continued prayers for that. Can't wait to see you!! Not long now, and you will be basking in the sunshine on the back deck. Lots of love.